We’ve published some information to help you in preparing your entries to Modern Quilt Show Australia 2019, including our Terms & Conditions.
Entries open on Saturday 11th May 2019 and close at 11:59pm Sydney time on Monday 17th June 2019.
- There is no entry fee for junior quilters (18 years and under).
- $15 for members of any of the Australian Modern Quilt Guilds that are affiliated with The Modern Quilt Guild and for individual members of The Modern Quilt Guild.
- $40 for everyone else.
- The entry fee allows for the entry of 2 quilts, as well as any group/collaborative quilts the entrant has worked on.
- Maximum quilt size is 240cm in height and not more than 240cm in width.
- In the Small Quilts category the maximum sizes are 100cm in height and 100cm in width.
- Collaborative or group quilts
- Modern quilts made by three or more people.
- Quilt is pieced improvisationally (without the use of a defined pattern or templates).
- Minimalist and/or use of negative space
- The design of the quilt emphasizes extreme simplification of content and form to achieve maximum visual impact and/ or
- Quilt design incorporates a creative or significant use of negative space which is integrated into and/or organizes the composition of the quilt.
- Modern Traditional
- Quilt design incorporates the use of an identifiable traditional block pattern and modernises it by applying design elements such as alternate grid work, asymmetry, colour, scale, etc.
- A modern quilt fitting into one of the above categories, where no side of the quilt is greater than 1 metre.
- Modern quilts made by a quilter 18 years or under, this also includes quilts made by Year 12 students in 2018.
- If there is enough demand in this category, MQSA reserves the right to create two categories: Up to Year 6 and Year 7-12 (including Year 12 2018)